Chess Olympiad Coach GM Petrov Reveals…
“Magnus is a lethal combination of Karpov and Fischer” – Garry Kasparov
These are words of big praise from somebody like Kasparov, but the truth is that Carlsen really does combine the strongest aspects of both Anatoly Karpov and Bobby Fischer.
He’s positionally refined, precise, and overwhelming like Karpov…
But he is also as sharp, aggressive, and obsessed with squeezing the full point as Fischer was… even if it takes him 100 moves in a “dead drawn” position.
In a word, Carlsen is an unstoppable force.
Today I’m excited to share that Grandmaster Marian Petrov just released a course that is essentially a blueprint for exactly how Magnus handles any type of position.
GM Petrov breaks down the World Champion’s approach to tricky and flexible opening play, dominant middlegame strategy, “water from a stone” endgames, and even the secret to Magnus’ deadly intuitive sacrifices.
This is the *only* deep dive into Magnus I’ve seen and I can tell you that GM Petrov has covered everything – you will literally feel like you are Magnus once you complete this course!
FINALLY! Someone Explains How Magnus…
- Comes up with DEEP Intuitive Sacrifices! Learn how Magnus handles MUST WIN situations by creating chaos with intuitive sacrifices which he used to confuse and dominate GM Van Wely. (Check it out in Chapter 8!)
- CRUSHES GMs his Favorite Piece…the Knight! Did you know that his favorite (and most powerful piece) is the knight? Discover how he uses it to control key squares, establish crushing outposts, and to devastate the enemy king! (See Chapter 3 to learn more!)
- Wins COMPLETELY Equal Endgames vs the 2800s! This is Magnus’ biggest claim to fame…In Chapter 9 you’ll discover how he manages to ‘squeeze blood from a stone’ in endgames against legends from Kramnik to Anand and many others!
- Plus MUCH More!
It’s well known that modeling in one of the fastest ways to master new skills…you simply choose someone you aspire to be like and do what they do.
GM Petrov has uncovered exactly how Magnus Carlsen plays chess… this is BIG.
Follow in the footsteps of Carlsen and model him, this approach is proven to create winners!
- Learn from Magnus Carlsen with GM Marian Petrov [10 hours 37 minutes]
GM Petrov breaks down the World Champion’s approach to tricky and flexible opening play, dominant middlegame strategy, “water from a stone” endgames, and even the secret to Magnus’ deadly intuitive sacrifices…every area of chess and how Magnus approaches it!
- Complete set of PGNs, Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must have treasure chest for any serious player.
- Train the important chess motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. Practical part is an important element of the course.
GM Marian Petrov (FIDE 2537)
Is an accomplished professional chess coach, theorist, and Bulgarian champion for 2002 and 2017, as well as winner of many open tournaments around the world. Also a FIDE trainer and coach of the team of Wales at the last Olympiad in Baku in 2016. He graduated from the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria with a Bachelor’s degree in Chess Pedagogy, a four-year undergraduate program designed to prepare top-level chess trainers.